Monday, May 9, 2011

PoochBuddha? Huh?

PoochBuddha sounds a bit like what you say when you see a VW Beetle on a road trip, just before you punch your sister/brother/spouse/friend in the shoulder.

In fact, it's a combination of two of my favourite things/concepts/creatures in The Universe. And the more time I spend with pooches (mine and others) (time well-spent in my view) the more Buddha-like they seem to me. Fully present. Joy canine-i-fied. Gratitude on four legs. Happy the way little kids can be happy. No regrets. No resentments. Kind, and at the same time, very clear about  their boundaries. Always completely who they are -- authentic. Comfortable in their own skin, even those Shar-Pei guys.

Pooches are born as old souls. They can teach us pretty much whatever we are open to learning. Except maybe calculus. (But they sure know about time and space and cosmic strand theory. )

Why PoochBuddha as the title for this first-effort blog? No idea really. Just liked it. *
I am curious to see how it relates to future posts, and will do my best to stay grounded in PoochBuddha wisdom. Meanwhile - here is my PoochBuddha muse, two years ago.

* Orange I like too, and it seems to fit here.

4 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I know you!!! AND I know that adorable lil yellow grrl!! You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I think orange is perfect!! I'm envious. I wish squirrels were orange. I guess I could say that I am orange with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PoochBuddha says, "The Jewel is in the Kong"

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are a true friend to your Pooch Buddha it will look into your eyes with such unconditional trust that almost hurts with love

    ReplyDelete